Monday, April 25, 2011

Eyes Like Blueberries


Hi everyone! 
I hope you all had a great easter weekend! :) Ours was low key. We did church and then came home and lazed about (as you should).

I've really been enjoying reading everyones posts on easter/spring. There have been some gorgeous pictures too!
I had a whole meal planned for yesterday, in the end i didn't make the lamb or beef that i thought i would. Didn't end up making a festive cake treat either! In the end i made a salad with these veggie burgers-which in my opinion are the best ever. I cannot stop eating the ingredients as i make them. Again, only 6 came out of this batch! :(  We also had some French bread with some tzatziki sauce. Loved the meal and i decided to make some blueberry muffins.


Bella and i LOVE blueberries and we especially love them in cakes! I also call her blueberry eyes (reason for the title,lol). She has big, blue eyes-nuff said!


I got this recipe from Gwyneth Paltrow's book My Father's Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness . I love this book and the recipe's inside.  But, i was a bit dissapointed with this particular recipe. There seemed something lacking. They were a bit on the bland side. Still tastey, but if i would make muffins with blueberries, i'd stick to my usual little blueberry cakes . 



******

8 comments:

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

I just read about Gwyneth's book in a magazine today! Those look delish! I hope you had a very Hoppy Easter weekend!

Liesl :)

Maria♥ said...

Happy Belated Easter!

These blueberry muffins look so moist and juicy.

Maria
x

nicsnotebook.com said...

Mmmm I love blueberries too - have never tried to make muffins with them tho! So excited to see your veggie burger recipe. I am a vegetarian and will def try making them! x

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

mmm the muffins look amazing!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

TheLovelyHunter said...

you are making me hungry! those muffins look delish!

Kitty M said...

Hope you are well Kate and enjoying Florida! I have had some muffin disasters since moving to France lol ! - they are not as predictable as my faithful cupcakes to bake, so I am always keen to try out new recipes. Blueberries are so difficult to find over here, we have very local and seasonal produce so I am havign to adapt very quickly - there is only so much you can do with tomatoes!! Have a great week - kisses Kitty xxx

An Essex Cake Maker said...

These muffins are making my mouth water. I'm going to make them tonight!

Erin @ Currently Coveting said...

OMigosh! This looks like heaven! I love pretty much anything blueberry myself.

Love from DC,
Erin
http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails