Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lazy Daze.....


Ahhh, it's been such a relaxing day today.
 The past week has seemed really busy, so i have been grateful for a relaxing day of baking, eating and sitting down with the family to watch a film. Today was Isabella's first time watching Jumanji, lol. She really loved it, and i enjoyed sitting and watching it again. The last time i saw it was when i was 11...so it was a bit weird to be watching a film with my daughter, that i had watched when i was little! 

This week I bought a new cookery book, and I love it! It's called   

I've made 3 things from it up to now. They are: peanut butter cookies, cherry, marzipan and struesel cake (tastes like a cherry bakewell), and vanilla cupcakes with raspberry frosting. I've never baked so much from a book within a week. The recipes are easy, tasty and different! 


This was the amazing cherry streusel cake. I'm going to call it bakewell, because that's what it tastes like and that's my obsession! lol. I made it with a spelt flour crust instead of all purpose, and brown rice flour with almond meal for the filling again, instead of all purpose.

This was Isabella's way of setting the table, it was so cute! She decided to put the flowers like that too.

Our little raspberry cupcakes.

{Because it was a lot of recipes to type up, I'm a bit lazy about it! If anyone wants a particular recipe, just mail me and i'll most likely send the recipe back to you that day!}.

3 comments:

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Love the raspberry cupcakes...YUM!!

In other news...

You are the 7th blog since yesterday that I have thought...hmmm...why have I not seen updates from this person...well, silly Google Friend Connect appears to have suddenly un-follwed you! Grrrr...well, I'll show it...I'm following again! So sorry...I love you blog and now must catch back up! I hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Liesl :)

Maria♥ said...

So glad you love the book too! The cherry streusel cake and cupcakes look gorgeous. Can't wait to see what other recipes you try from the book!

Maria
x

Indie.Tea said...

The bakewell sounds and looks delicious. I really love cooking with almond meal (or ground almonds) instead of flour too.
And the cupcakes are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails